Good lighting is universally appealing and vital for warding off winter’s gloom. We’ve rounded up a mix of stylish contenders, from classic to whimsical, playful and sophisticated, that will warm up your home in all seasons.
1. This vintage birdcage chandelier, complete with hand-wrought iron and faceted crystal glass, exudes whimsy and fantasy. Starting at $1,850. Restoration Hardware.
2. This sculptural Moravian star has gilded iron details and frosted glass, delivering a playful yet stylish sentiment. $1,495. Serena and Lily.
3. This atrium glass lamp is crafted of mouth-blown glass and can be filled with all your favorite objects, from corks to flowers or sea glass. $159-$179. Pottery Barn.
4. The original George Nelson bubble lamps have been a mark of contemporary cool and simplicity since 1947. Starting at $269. Modernica.
5. Evoking fields of golden grain blowing in the breeze, these bundled wheat sconces bring a touch of refined, natural glamor into the home. $395 for the set. Neiman Marcus.
6. Sleek, sophisticated and masculine, this “grasshopper” lamp is equipped with a powder-coated steel shade, a solid brass frame and a fabric-covered cord. $495. Design Within Reach.
7. A handmade Wyoming antler chandelier by Russell Johnson Imports is a vintage objet that will hang beautifully above large dining tables, kitchen islands or in libraries adorned with treasures from around the world. $2,879. One Kings Lane.