Laura’s Linzer Cookies
By December 2, 2021 0 530•
I love Linzer cookies. Why do I love Linzer cookies? Well, let me tell you.
One, is because there is jam in them and I love jam. Jam is essentially my jam. Two, is that I love these cookies because they’re my basic sugar cookies which are both gluten-free and egg free.
Linzer cookies I feel are traditionally a holiday cookie. They’re beautiful and have red and white which tend to be a reminder of the holidays. However, they’re delicious any time of year.
Another great thing about this recipe? It is a 1:1, so you can make these gluten-free or not, and as eggs are running low for some right now, this is the perfect recipe for all.
What You’ll Need for Your Linzer Cookies:
Well, thankfully, not a lot!
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- tsp almond extract
- 2 & 1/2 cups gluten free flour mix (with a thickening agent such as xanthan gum in it)
- Icing sugar (to coat the cookies)
- Jam for the interior – I suggest strawberry
For full recipe got to https://siftrva.com/linzer-cookies/.