Kids Korner: School Is Coming! ☹ ☹ 😊
By August 17, 2022 0 1211•
School is coming… and this year, I will be in the 3rd grade. I know kids going into pre-K, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade and 8th grade. I hear from my cousin there is A LOT of homework in 8th grade. As summer ends, I am thinking about…
- Getting school supplies ready – pencils, pens, notebooks, maybe a new backpack. I will have to trade my bathing suit for school clothes. Some kids are getting their uniforms ready, but I don’t have one yet.
- Playing soccer with my friends and hopefully scoring some goals. Team games start when school starts; my dad is the coach.
- Meeting my two new teachers. There is a lot to learn in 3rd grade. Art and Science will probably be my favorite classes.
- Practicing to be in the Nutcracker… It’s fun, but it takes A LOT of practice.
- Deciding what I want to be for Halloween! And CANDY!
- Getting better at multiplication and division – and cursive letters.
- Singing my school song LOUDLY at school meetings and chapel. Helping new pre-K students learn the words.
- Going to bed early and waking-up early. . . NOT!
- Knowing that it won’t be long before hats and mittens (and hot chocolate).
- And… my favorite part… seeing my friends every day!
- But summer isn’t over YET. Before I go back, I want to bake a peach pie and cinnamon rolls, plus I need to finish my summer journal. Summer is WAY WAY WAY too short, but I made some great memories travelling with my friends and family and enjoying Georgetown.