This pumpkin soup recipe includes instructions on how to roast fresh pumpkin, for maximum pumpkin flavor. Canned pumpkin purée also works well, if you’re in a time crunch. See the recipe notes for details!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 70 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 bowls 1x
- Method: Roasted and blended
- Cuisine: American
This pumpkin soup recipe is creamy AND healthy! It calls for roasted pumpkin for maximum flavor and would look lovely on your holiday dinner table. Leftovers would also go great with sandwiches or salads the next day. Recipe yields 4 bowls or 6 cups of soup.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- One 4-pound sugar pie pumpkin
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large or 6 medium garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- Tiny dash of cayenne pepper (optional, if you like spice)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups (32 ounces) vegetable broth
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
For full recipe and instructions go to Cookie and Kate.