Please join U.S. Senators Chris Murphy (CT) and Michael Bennet (CO), along with national out-of-school time leaders on March 3, 2021, for an update on a K-12 reconciliation bill that includes dedicated summer enrichment funding to support America’s most vulnerable students.
The U.S. Senators urge Congress to include dedicated funding in the next COVID-19 relief package to support local educational agencies, community-based organizations, and municipalities to provide quality summer enrichment programs and meet additional staff needs for new programming.
Leaders will speak on the newest data on COVID-19 learning disparities as well as the critical role of summer programs in responding to students’ academic, physical health and social-emotional needs.
Date/Time: March 3, 2021 – 3-4 pm ET/ Noon-1pm PT
- U.S. Senators Chris Murphy and Michael Bennet
- Aaron P. Dworkin, CEO, National Summer Learning Association
- Marcus Goodwin, Board Member, Afterschool Alliance
- Javonna Grimes, Youth Ambassador, Afterschool Alliance
- Mike Flynn, CEO, Boys & Girls Club of Ridgefield (CO)
- Daniela Meltzer, Executive Director, Horizons at Colorado Academy (CO)
- Jennifer Wright, Assistant Coordinator of STEAM and Summer Programming, Consolidated School District of New Britain (CT)