Note: All submitted events must be approved before they appear in the calendar.
- This event has passed.
1455 Literary Arts Summer Festival
July 15, 2021 - July 17, 2021Free
1455 Literary Arts, an organization committed to advancing the art and craft of storytelling, presents the most expansive, diverse storytelling event in the country, taking place virtually from July 15-17. The program features a lineup of literary and creative artists and thinkers who will share their insights, inspiration. Now in its third year, this free and inclusive program will offer a wide array of content designed to showcase storytellers, celebrate creativity, build community, and encourage participants to pursue their own creative endeavors.
Registration is free and open at the festival website.
Highlights of the three-day event include:
* More than 200 speakers appearing on 60+ panel sessions
* A diverse offering of authors, speakers and contributors, from a variety of genders, cultures, ethnicities and socioeconomic backgrounds
* Three separate storytelling tracks: Inspiration & Advocacy; Timely & Topical; and Craft & Community
* A closing keynote session with 2020 Booker Prize-winning author Douglas Stuart (“Shuggie Bain”)
* A teen poetry contest with a $5,000 grand prize