Note: All submitted events must be approved before they appear in the calendar.
- This event has passed.
The Multiple Sclerosis Compass to Care
June 25, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDTFree
MS Views and News invites you to attend a free multiple sclerosis educational event in Greenbelt, MD!
“THE COMPASS TO CARE”
Partnering with and Understanding a Comprehensive MS Healthcare Team
(RSVP required to attend – Please see below)
Interactive Q&A to follow after the presentations!
SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER #1:
Jeffrey Segal, NSCA-CPT, CSCS, CPTS.
Certified Personal Trainer and MS Exercise Specialist
– An introduction to physical fitness in MS (multiple sclerosis) at any level
– The benefits to your health when staying active
– Adaptive exercises you can incorporate into your daily life
35 min. presentation + 10 min. Q&A
SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER #2:
Stephanie Buxhoeveden, MSCN, MSN, FNP-BC.
– Her journey living with MS
– How communication with one’s healthcare team guides the treatment plan that works for you and your care partner
– Incorporating a multidisciplinary team into your plan of care
– Getting YOUR needs met
35 min. presentation
SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER #3:
Daniel Kantor, MD, FAAN.
– What is a comprehensive healthcare team in relation to MS?
– How to participate in shared decision making with your healthcare team in order to meet all your needs
– Importance of early multiple sclerosis treatment
– A look at MS relapse management and recovery
40 min. presentation
* INTERACTIVE Q&A TO FOLLOW both neurology presentations! *
Date: Thursday, July 26th, 2018
5:40pm – Check-in
6:20am – Program Begins
Location: Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt
7810 Walker Drive – Greenbelt, MD 20770
PLEASE Register (RSVP) Online at: www.events.msvn.org
If you do not have internet access, please call (888) 871-1664 – Ext 102
Program limited to the MS Patient plus a max of (1) guest
No children permitted under the age of 16 unless this is a child that has MS
Organized by: MS Views and News, a 501C3 not-for-profit organization
Program provided with support from: Sanofi Genzyme and Celgene
Exhibit displays provided by: Sanofi Genzyme & Teva