Note: All submitted events must be approved before they appear in the calendar.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
· Ryan Zimmerman Bobblehead
o On Friday September 3, against the New York Mets, the first 15,000 fans will receive a Ryan Zimmerman Bobblehead presented by Pedigree.
o The bobblehead features Mr. National in a throwback Nationals uniform, along with two Silver Slugger bats and a Gold Glove, as well as a background listing his many accomplishments throughout his distinguished career.
· College Day Series – Catholic University
o On Friday, September 3 against the New York Mets, the Nationals will host the first annual Catholic University Day.
o Throughout the season, the Nationals will celebrate local colleges with a limited edition co-branded hat, available with purchase of a special ticket, pregame assets, and themed content around the ballpark. For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit nationals.com/Special.
o For each Friday home game, Nationals Philanthropies will celebrate #FRIDAYS4GOOD to encourage Nationals fans to support important community impact work.
§ On Friday, September 3, fans will be invited to support the work of Nationals Philanthropies and its signature program, the Nationals Youth Baseball Academy and their produce bag program, by making a donation at give.nats4good.org/Fridays4Good.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 4
· On Saturday, September 4, the Nationals will play a split seven-inning doubleheader against the New York Mets. Tickets and parking from the postponed April 4 game will be valid for the first game of the doubleheader. First pitch for Game 1 is scheduled for 1:05 p.m. ET and Game 2 is scheduled for 6:05 p.m. ET.
· Nationals Kids Screech Travel Pillow Giveaway
o Before Game 1 of the doubleheader on Saturday, September 4, against the New York Mets, the first 5,000 fans 12 years of age and younger will receive a Nationals Kids Screech Travel Pillow presented by Harris Teeter.
· Postgame Fireworks
o On Saturday, September 4, after the second game of the doubleheader vs. the New York Mets, Nationals fans will have an opportunity to watch a special Postgame Fireworks show after the game.
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 5
· DC Sports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
o On Sunday September 5, prior to the Nationals-Mets game, fifteen new members and two Teams of Distinction, representing the Class of 2020 and the Class of 2021, will be inducted into the Washington DC Sports Hall of Fame with a special pregame induction ceremony.
o First pitch for Sunday’s game is scheduled for 1:05 p.m. and the induction ceremony is slated to begin at noon on the field at Nationals Park.
o The following Class of 2020 honorees will be inducted:
§ Ken Beatrice
§ Herman Boone
§ Austin Carr
§ Gary Clark
§ Bob Dwyer
§ Jill Ellis
§ Wil Jones
§ John Lucas
§ Teams of Distinction: 2019 Washington Mystics, 2019 Washington Nationals
o The following Class of 2021 honorees will be inducted:
§ Mike Barrowman
§ John Feinstein
§ Neal Henderson
§ Sally Jenkins
§ Fred “Firpo” Marberry
§ Dick Motta
§ Paul Rabil
· Kids Run the Bases
O All kids ages 4 through 12 will have the opportunity to run the bases after Sunday day games, weather permitting.
O All children participating in Kids Run the Bases must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth while on the field, per Major League Baseball’s health and safety protocols. Parents who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear a face mask while accompanying their children down onto the field.
O Jr. Nationals MVP members will have access to an exclusive line. For more information on the Jr. Nationals Kids Club, please visit nationals.com/JrNats.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 6
· Patriotic Series presented by SAIC
o The Nationals are proud to host the Patriotic Series presented by SAIC to honor the men and women of the U.S. military and first-responders. This series features special programming, pregame assets, and patriotic uniforms.
o In the fourth and final game of the 2021 Patriotic Series, the Nationals will host the annual Heroes Day game on Monday, September 6 in the series finale against the New York Mets.
o Pre-game assets include:
§ National Anthem will be performed by Lieutenant Amy Dant, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue.
§ God Bless America will be performed by Lieutenant Amy Dant, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue.
JOSH BELL’S FINAL BOOK CLUB DISCUSSION
· Earlier in the season, the Nationals and Josh Bell announced the Josh Bell Book Club, a monthly book club for adults focused on self-improvement.
· Each month throughout the 2021 season, Josh will lead an hour-long, virtual discussion about a book that he has selected to feature in the club. Librarians from Prince George’s County Memorial Library System and Fairfax County Public Library, the preferred library partners of Josh Bell’s Book Club, will co-host and guide the monthly discussions along with Josh, and special guests may also join.
· Anyone interested in taking part in the discussion will be able to register about two weeks prior to the event each month.
o The final book club discussion will take place on Friday, September 17 via Zoom from 12 to 1 p.m. and will discuss Master the Media: How Teaching Media Literacy Can Save Our Plugged-In World by Julie Smith.
· More information about the program, including future meeting dates and registration info is available at nationals.com/BookClub.
ANHEUSER-BUSCH BIRTHDAY PROMOTION
· As proud partners of the Washington Nationals, Anheuser-Busch has announced the Birthday Beer promotion at Nationals Park!
· For the remainder of the 2021 regular season, fans 21 years or older who are celebrating their birthday at Nationals Park will receive a complimentary 25 oz. can of Budweiser or Bud Light.
o Fans 21+ can visit the main Guest Services location in Center Field Plaza to receive a voucher for the complimentary beer that can be redeemed anywhere in the ballpark where Nats Bucks are accepted.
o The fan’s birthday must match the date of the game in attendance in order to receive the voucher.
· Continuing at every home game, the 5050 Raffle offers fans the chance to win big cash prizes while supporting the year-round programming of Nationals Philanthropies.
· One lucky fan with the winning ticket number for each raffle will win half the proceeds, with the other half benefitting the community impact work of Nationals Philanthropies.
· Fans can purchase tickets at kiosks located in sections 108, 118, 138, 203, and 223. Debit cards and cash accepted.
· Tickets are sold at the following price points: 3 for $5, 10 for $10, and 60 for $20.
· For more information visit Nats4Good.org/5050
· The Nationals are bringing back several other popular special ticket offers to help fans save on their next trip to Nationals Park. The offers include:
o GovX – Military, first responders, public school teachers, and government employees can save up to 30% off tickets and get a $5-10 concession credit. Visit nationals.com/GovXto learn more.
o Harris Teeter Family Fun Pack – Fans can get a FREE MEAL with the Harris Teeter Family Fun Pack to any regular season home game – tickets start at just $22! Visit nationals.com/Familyto learn more.
o Bud & Baseball – Fans age 21+ can get a FREE 25 OZ. BEER with each Bud and Baseball ticket pack on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays – tickets start at just $22! Visit nationals.com/Bud to learn more.
· Visit nationals.com/Deals for information on all of the available ticket deals at Nationals Park
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS AT NATIONALS PARK
· All ticketed fans will be required to wear an approved face covering at all times when in an indoor area at Nationals Park, regardless of vaccination status, unless actively eating or drinking.
o Indoor spaces include, but are not limited to: restaurants, retail stores, bathrooms, clubs, elevators, stairwells, corridors, conference rooms, offices, first aid, the sensory room and nursing mother’s lounge.
· Ticketed fans who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear an approved face covering at all times except when actively eating or drinking in their seats.
· Fans ticketed into a suite at Nationals Park will have the option to have the suite glass opened or closed. For fans who opt to keep the suite glass closed must wear a mask unless actively eating or drinking. For fans who opt to keep the suite glass open will not need to wear a mask, if fully vaccinated.
· Fans who do not comply with the mandatory face covering policy will receive a verbal warning followed by potential removal from the ballpark.
· Bags are permitted inside Nationals Park, as long as they are smaller than 16” x 16” x 8”, with the exception of diaper bags and medically necessary bags. Backpacks are not permitted within Nationals Park. Unapproved bags may be stored in a Binbox locker, located outside of Right Field and Home Plate Gates for $10-$12 per locker.
· The Nationals will not be offering hard tickets for the 2021 season. All tickets purchased through nationals.com will be digitally delivered through the MLB Ballpark App. Tickets purchased within the App will be color-coded to direct fans to the entrance gate corresponding with their seating section.
· No cash will be accepted for food or beverage purchases, parking, or at team store locations. There are several contactless options for ordering food using the MLB Ballpark App. Please visit nationals.com/MobileOrdering for more information.
· Nationals Park cleaning partners have enhanced the cleaning of all indoor and outdoor spaces and the
Nationals have installed new MERV-13 air filters within indoor spaces, as well as Plexiglas and other suitable dividers in areas where significant face-to-face interaction occurs.
· For more details on the new health and safety protocols, fans can visit nationals.com/WelcomeHome.
GETTING TO THE BALLPARK
Parking options for Nationals fans are available online at nationals.com/Parking. All Washington Nationals parking lots are now cashless, and will only accept credit card payment at this time. Fans are encouraged to purchase parking in advance to ensure a space in their desired zone.
Fans traveling to the ballpark should be aware that there are construction projects underway in the surrounding area. To ensure safe crossings, please be mindful of signage and directions given by public safety officers.
The Nationals will continue to follow the best practices and precautions recommended by public health experts. All 2021 access, benefits, promotions, seating locations, and events (including, without limitation, location, dates, and times) are subject to change without notice based on the ongoing developments of the COVID-19 pandemic.
# # #