Wanted: Managing Editor, Georgetown Media Group
By July 10, 2014 0 539•
• Works with publisher, editor-in-chief and staff on all Georgetown Media Group copy and story assignments. Meets often with staff.
• Understands local and national news as well as Washington, D.C., its neighborhoods and local politics. Aware of the players in the city and in the town along with its business and social scene.
• Communicates and works with writers on deadlines, story length, story significance and photo usage. Works with publisher and editor-in-chief on story development and writer recruitment.
• Helps to prepare and edits copy in accordance with Associated Press Style. Has exceptional knowledge of grammar, morphology and syntax with a powerful vocabulary.
• Works with production and design staff to complete issues; has working knowledge of layout and design as well as InDesign and PhotoShop. Oversees publication production; updates website.
• Works with staff on planning all publications and adheres to editorial policy. Meets with marketing department to coordinate overall strategy.
• Works on all Georgetown Media Group social media. Checks often on other digital media and news-gathering sources. Maintains contact list on news sources, publicists and others.
Pay commensurate with experience.
Please email resume to Sonya@georgetowner.com