The administration of Mayor Muriel Bowser has announced traffic and parking restrictions to “maintain a safe and enjoyable experience for District residents, commuters, visitors, and businesses around the Stanley Cup Final in the #SportsCapital.”
Home games between the Washington Capitals and the Vegas Golden Knights will take place at 8 p.m. at Capital One Arena on Saturday, June 2 (Game 3); Monday, June 4 (Game 4); and, if needed to decide the National Hockey League championship, Sunday, June 10 (Game 6). The best-of-seven series is currently tied 1-1.
Continuing through Monday, June 11, at approximately 3 p.m., there will be no vehicular traffic in the following blocks around the Capital One Arena:
- F Street from 5th to 7th Streets NW
- 6th Street from E to H Streets NW (accessible only to local residents and monthly parking pass holders) and
- G Street between 5th and 6th Streets NW (accessible only to local residents and monthly parking pass holders).
On Saturday, June 2, the following streets will be closed:
- G Street from 7th to 9th Streets NW (6 a.m. to 11 p.m.)
- 8th Street from G to H Streets NW (6 a.m. to 11 p.m.)
- F Street from 7th to 9th Streets NW (3:30 to 11 p.m.)
- 8th Street from E to F Streets NW (3:30 to 11 p.m.) and
- 7th Street from E to H Streets NW (3:30 p.m. to midnight).
For all subsequent home games, these street closures will be in effect from 3:30 p.m. until midnight.
The following parking restrictions will be in effect for home games:
- No parking on G Street between 7th and 9th Streets NW or on F Street between 7th and 9th Streets NW from 6 a.m. until midnight.
- No parking within the perimeter of Pennsylvania Avenue to the south, I Street to the north, 3rd Street to the east and 9th Street to the west from 4 p.m. until four hours after the end of the games.
Capital Bikeshare stations will be closed at 5th and F Streets NW and 7th and F Streets NW four hours before home games, reopening four hours after the games end. DDOT will set up a bike corral in the area to create additional parking for Capital Bikeshare bikes (specific location to be announced prior to the first home game).
Members of the public are encouraged to sign up for text alerts to receive safety, transit and weather updates on days when the Stanley Cup games are being played in the District. To sign up, text ALLCAPS to 888-777.