Ins & Outs: Everlane, Petite Soeur, Yo! Yoga, Fat Munchiez, Gorjana

In: Everlane Opens Nov. 11

The Everlane Georgetown store will open Thursday, Nov. 11, at 3259 M St. NW and will feature an assortment of fall-ready men’s and women’s clothing including denim, footwear and sweaters. It is the brand’s first location in Washington, D.C., and its ninth retail location nationally. Everlane tells The Georgetowner that is donating proceeds from all sales — up to $25,000 — on opening day to local charity partner, Thrive

DC. Meanwhile, Everlane already told us that it is “focused on creating great in-store experiences, by providing digital and physical commerce features that will enhance the customer experience.”

In: Petite Soeur’s Perfect Bonbons

Pâtissier Ashleigh Pearson’s stylish 1332 Wisconsin Ave. boutique, Petite Soeur, had a soft opening Oct. 26. Pearson honed her chocolate-making techniques at Thomas Keller’s famed Per Se in New York City, where she crafted an entire chocolate course of eight to 12 different bites each day. Her pastry skills reflect training at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris and her work at D.C.’s Marcel’s. A welcome table shows off featured items with seasonal flavors. As Pearson intends, “All eyes go to the chocolates.” She adds a grand opening party will happen in a few weeks.

In: Yo! Yoga, No Judging

Yo Yoga opened at 2805 M St. NW, upstairs in the former Georgetown Yoga space, above Freshbee’s American Grill & Cafe — across the street from the Four Seasons Hotel. “Students can show up and practice in whatever is most comfortable. It is okay to ask questions during class, laugh, take a break, and even tip over… no judgement here,” says Yo, which offers “teacher-driven, yoga classes that emphasize proper alignment and movement as the foundation of a sustainable, strong practice.”

In: Fat Munchiez, Upgraded Snacks

It’s the candies, snacks and sweet cereals you love, only in bigger boxes and awesome flavors, along with Japanese and other East Asian sweets. The brands at the shop at 1432 Wisconsin Ave. NW — formerly a marijuana pop-up called Up N Down that the police shut down — are an eye-catching upgrade of your standard Twizzlers. Owner A.Z. says he is happy to be part of the Georgetown business community. His other Fat Munchiez is in Fort Washington, Maryland.

In: Foxtrot at Dupont Circle

Foxtrot opened its third D.C. location at 1601 Connecticut Ave. NW. “The 2,934 square-foot space has been renovated with modern finishing and colorful furnishing to emulate the whimsical nature of the brand while embracing the existing historic wood storefront,” the company says. The first-of-its-kind corner store-café-delivery retail market made its East Coast debut on March 1 at 1267 Wisconsin Ave. NW — at the corner of Wisconsin Avenue and N Street in Georgetown. It’s been busy ever since.

In: Gorjana, Gems on M

The specialty jewelry store Gorjana — started in Laguna Beach by former models Gorjana Reidel and Jason Griffin Reidel in 2004 — opened at 3029 M St. NW in a 1,675-square-foot space. Says the company: “Inspired by the natural beauty of Southern California, gorjana jewelry incorporates subtle shimmer, colorful gemstones and a signature gold finish.”

Moved: Towne Wine and Liquor, One Block Up

Towne Wine and Liquor, formerly next to the Georgetown Inn, has moved to 1438 Wisconsin Ave. NW because of a rent dispute. 

“The landlord wanted to increase the rent, and at that time, because of COVID, school was closed, everybody was at home and we were closed for three months, and my rent was almost ending,” Towne Wine and Liquor owner Joey Chen told The Hoya, a student newspaper at Georgetown University. “They wanted to sign a new lease to increase the rent to $10,000, and we can’t afford it. So, we just found a new place.”

When it was time to move inventory and appliances, according to The Hoya, the liquor store enlisted the help of G.U. students who worked in exchange for neon signs from the former store. “We wanted big boys, and where can we find big boys?” Chen said in a phone interview with The Hoya. “The Georgetown rugby club’s big forwards come down to help us move the stuff, and then we give them the beer signs in return.”

tags

One comment on “Ins & Outs: Everlane, Petite Soeur, Yo! Yoga, Fat Munchiez, Gorjana”