DC Chamber Salutes Awardees at ‘Transformation and Innovation’ Gala
By November 21, 2022 0 292•
More than 750 members of the D.C. business community attended the 2022 DC Chamber’s Choice Awards & Gala at the Washington Hilton Hotel on Nov. 11.
“This year’s gala represents transformation and innovation. Our businesses are deeply connected to our neighborhoods, and together we are making the District a stronger, more cohesive community,” said Angela Franco, President and CEO, DC Chamber of Commerce. “The Chamber’s Choice Awards and Gala celebrates the local trailblazers who have found solutions to issues in innovative ways. We all should be inspired by the impact these contributions have had on our city.”
The Chamber’s Choice Awards are presented annually to individuals and businesses that have demonstrated extraordinary standards of professional excellence, vision, and dedication in the District of Columbia business community. The Chamber’s Choice Award and Chairman’s Choice Award were announced during the gala including:
- Chairman’s Choice Award – Brett Greene and Stacy Burnette for their service on the Board of Directors, as well as for leading the Government Relations committee. They both have been instrumental in advocating on behalf of the business community through the hiring of the DC Chamber’s new Government Affairs Director and the planning and implementation of three candidate forums in the spring of 2022.
- Chamber’s Choice Award – Dr. Carolyn Rudd has served as the chairman of the DC Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors for the last two years. Her leadership was instrumental in guiding the Chamber through the pandemic and setting the organization on the course for the future by creating a strategic plan that will guide the organization in the years to come.
This year’s Chamber’s Choice honorees were also highlighted during the event including:
- Business of the Year – Hoffman-Madison Waterfront and The Wharf
- Business Leaders of the Year – Anthony Shop and Thomas Sanchez, Social Driver
- Economic Impact Award – Wanda Durant
- Community Impact Award – WPFW 89.3 FM Radio
- Veteran Impact Award – JMA Solutions
- Special Recognition – Corey Griffin for outstanding leadership in business recovery during the pandemic
The evening would not have been possible without the DC Chamber partners in government, including Mayor Muriel Bowser, D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson and the Council, as well as NBC4’s Erika Gonzalez as mistress of ceremonies; gala sponsors – Verizon (event sponsor), Washington Gas (grand reception sponsor), District of Columbia Department of Employment Services (award sponsor) and Comcast (honoree video sponsor).