GCAAR Announces 2023 Board of Directors
By February 21, 2023 0 1756•
The Greater Capital Area Association of REALTORS® has announced a new board of directors for their 2023 year. In case you missed it, Avi Adler will take over as president from Harrison Beacher. Adler, who is an agent with Long & Foster, is a fourth generation Washingtonian with decades of experience.
Adler joins Christopher Suranna (RLAH @properties) who will be president-elect, Samantha Damato of Long & Foster as secretary and Russell Brazil, treasurer (RLAH @properties). Suranna also serves as co-chair of the Advocacy and Public Policy Committee of The LGBTQ+ Real Estate Alliance and is the D.C. Chapter President. Some of what Damato specializes in include investment properties, new construction, first-time home buyers, relocations and rentals. Brazil is one of the top one percent of realtors nationwide and has been consistently named one of the area’s best agents by local magazines.
2023 directors include:
- M. Jacqueline Bennett, RE/MAX Excellence Realty
- Molly Branson, RLAH @properties
- Mark Butterfield, RE/MAX Realty Services
- Jordan Chronopoulos, RLAH @properties
- Marilyn Emery, RLAH @properties
- Carlos Evans, Compass
- Maria (Ruby) Garcia, Keller Williams Capital Properties
- Villy Iranpur, TTR Sothebys International Realty
- James T. Kim, McEnearney Associates Inc.
- Samuel Medvene, Century 21 Redwood Realty
- Daniel Schuler, Compass
- Richard (Dick) Stoner, Reist Corporation
“As I take on the role of GCAAR president, I look forward to continuing to encourage our members to be better, to enhance our professionalism in terms of how we approach each other, our clients, our businesses, lives and our community, and to lead by example,” Adler said in a press release. The Greater Capital Area Association of REALTORS® is one of the biggest REALTOR® associations in the U.S. The association represents over 12,000 real estate professionals in the greater capital area.