Laura’s Mediterranean Orzo
By November 18, 2021 0 149•
I love pasta. I do. Is it my favorite food in the world? There is a strong possibility that the answer to that question is yes. Is it also difficult to find quality pasta that is gluten free in all of its delightful shapes and forms? Yes, but it is becoming easier. For years, I have gone out to dinner and seen “orzo” on the menu and been unable to try it. All this time, it’s been a tempting menu item that has sadly been out of grasp. Recently, however, I came across a gluten free brand of orzo, and it has been game on!
If you are new here, you will hear this for the first time, but, if you have been around for a while, you will know that I love Yotam Ottolenghi. He is one of my favorite living chefs. This recipe is a play on one of his and it is so, so, so delicious! I hope you love it as much as I do!
Why Should You Make This Super Delicious and Easy Orzo Recipe?
This recipe is so quick and is absolutely delicious. The orange flavor from the peel that is infused into the dish is perfection. It is one pot, ready in 30 minutes, and a crowd pleaser. It doesn’t get much better than that!
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 8 ounces of feta (crumbled or still in the liquid, either is fine. If you get the chunk, you will break it up with your hands and crumble it).
- Peel from one orange
- 1 14oz can of diced tomatoes
- White fish – I use 1 or 2 filets depending on how fishy I want it to be. I like to use Halibut or Flounder, but, any white fish will do.
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- Orzo – one package. I use gluten free orzo but this recipe works 1:1!
- Olive Oil – 3-4 tablespoons
- Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to your taste!
For full instructions with illustrations go to Sift’s website at: https://siftrva.com/easy-orzo-recipe/.