If you’re still looking for a last-minute Halloween costume, look no further than these ideas for couples, pets, groups and Georgetown-specific options.
- Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce – The couple of the moment, Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are an easy last-minute costume idea. Grab a Kansas City Chiefs “87” t-shirt (Amazon has one for under $20)
and for Taylor, a blonde wig, miniskirt or shorts and a red Kansas City Chiefs jacket like this one. Don’t forget the signature red lip!
- Barbie and Ken – This one is even easier! For the Barbies out there, wear every bit of pink you can. Glam up your hair and makeup, and for the Kens, a t-shirt, jeans and poster board that reads “I’m just Ken” will do just fine.
- Disco Ball – We at the Georgetowner are excited to be celebrating Volume 70. Celebrate with us and put your pup in this sparkly disco ball costume for a ‘70s vibe. It’s currently available at Chewy.com.
- Dill Pickle – For the pun-loving pet owners out there, this pickle costume is the perfect choice for your dog or cat this Halloween. The Velcro outfit slips on and off easily and reads “I’m Kind of a Big Dill.” It’s found at Petco’s Halloween “Bootique.”
- The cast of “Ted Lasso” – The hit Apple show said goodbye earlier this year, but it left behind a plethora of costume ideas. Have a group of friends dress up as the cast with these suggestions:
- For Ted Lasso himself, a soccer jersey, mustache and visor;
- For Coach Beard, a visor, soccer jersey and of course the signature beard;
- For Rebecca, sky-high stilettos and a sophisticated business dress;
- For Roy Kent, a soccer jersey and signature scowl;
- For Keeley, lots of pink and a crazy hairdo;
- Hocus Pocus Witches – The iconic movie turns 30 this year. The Spirit Halloween stores that seem to pop up this time of year carry versions of the Sanderson sisters’ witchy wardrobe, like this Winifred outfit.
- Julia Child – To pay homage to the woman who once lived at 2706 Olive St. NW, don an apron that says her trademark phrase “Bon Appetit!” You can find a version here.
- JFK and Jackie – JFK and Jackie are a quintessential part of Georgetown. All you’ll need for this costume is a pair of Ray Bans, khakis and a polo for JFK and a ‘60s-inspired dress, like this hot pink one from Tuckernuck.