Laura’s Candy Cane Cookies
By December 22, 2022 0 487•
I’m not a big candy person. I love baked goods, pies, cakes, patisserie, you name it. Candy, however, has never been my thing. On Halloween, I was the kid that would trade candy for chips. The one major exception to this rule is candy canes. Canada has a coffee chain called Second Cup and every winter they have the best Candy Cane Latte. These cookies fill me with nostalgia for that drink, but better than that, they satisfy my craving!
Why You Should Make These Cookies
It’s an easy recipe to put together and it’s great because it is a 1:1 recipe. Easy to make gluten-free, they’re chewy, chocolatey, and delicious either way!
Looking for Something Similar?
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free flour (regular flour if you are not gluten-free)
- ⅓ cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1 egg yolk (from large egg)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 14 tablespoon unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon peppermint extract
For the icing:
- ½ cup milk chocolate & ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
Crushed Candy Cane
For full recipe and instructions go to Swift.